Privacy and Cookies Policy
We, Top Tradespeople Limited ("we", "us", "our"), are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the "Act"), the data controller is Top Tradespeople Limited, of 145 - 157 St John St, London, EC1V 4PW. We are registered on the Public Register of Data Controllers (Registration No: Z3262870) and all the information held on the register is available to the public for inspection.
Our website www.toptradespeople.co.uk (the "Site") may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of tradesmen, professional service providers, affiliate networks, advertisers, affiliates and other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Collection of Information
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- information that you provide by filling in forms on the Site (this includes information provided at the time of registering as a member, subscribing to any service, posting material, requesting quotes ("Quotes") from third party tradesmen ("Providers"), either directly or through third party referral networks, or requesting further services or when you report a problem with the Site),
- a record of any e-mail or hard copy correspondence or online or telephone conversation with you when you contact us,
- responses to surveys that we may use for research purposes (although you do not have to respond to them),
- details of transactions you carry out through the Site and of the fulfilment of any orders, and
- details of your visits to the Site (including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise) and the resources that you access.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to any advertisers or other third parties. This is statistical data about our users browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general Internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on your computer/device. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer/device. They help us to improve the Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service, specifically they enable us to:
- estimate our audience size and usage pattern,
- store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise the Site according to your individual interests,
- speed up your searches, and
- recognise you when you return to the Site.
You may refuse to accept cookies by setting up your browser appropriately. However, you may then be unable to access certain parts of the Site. If your browser settings are set up to allow cookies, our system will issue cookies when you log on to the Site.
Storage and transmission of information
The data that we collect from you may be transferred to, and stored at, a destination outside the European Economic Area ("EEA"). It may also be processed by staff operating outside the EEA who work for us or for one of our suppliers or Providers or third party referral network providers. Such staff may be engaged in, among other things, the fulfilment of an order, the processing of payment details, the matching of Quotes to Providers, and the provision of support services. By submitting your personal data, you agree to this transfer, storing or processing. We will take all steps reasonably necessary to ensure that your data is treated securely and in accordance with this Policy.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of the Site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the Internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to the Site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
Usage of information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- to ensure that content from the Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer,
- to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes,
- to carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us,
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so, and
- to notify you about changes to our service.
We may also use your data, or permit Providers, advertisers or other selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. We or they may also contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) if you consent to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please notify us of this on the form on which we collect your data. Please note that we must pass certain details on to Providers when you request a Quote - if you do not want us to do so then we will be unable to provide this service to you.
We may also use aggregate information to help any advertisers reach the kind of audience they want to target. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
Disclosure of Information
In addition to transfers and disclosures of your information described elsewhere in this Policy, we may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- in the event that we sell or buy any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your personal data to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets,
- if we, substantially all of our assets, are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by us about our customers may be one of the transferred assets, or
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act. Any subject access request may incur an administrative fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
Changes To This Policy
We may revise this Policy at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we made. Any changes may, where appropriate, be notified to you by e-mail.
Please contact us if you have any questions, comments or requests regarding this Policy.
We can be contacted in the following ways:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org